1. Name: The name of the organization is Songsalive! Inc.
Songsalive! is an organization, acting non-profit, dedicated to the nurturing, support, promotion, exposure and education of songwriters and composers to the world’s music markets. We coin it 'GIVE LIFE TO SONG'.
Encourage and foster all genres of original music and song expression within our songwriters' communities, in order to support and promote songwriters and composers worldwide, through critique workshops, showcases, events, educational seminars, conferences, and programs with continued development, annual reviews and expansion.
* To provide a worldwide community, a home, a family, for songwriters and composers around the world to co-create, collaborate, network, workshop ideas, develop finished recorded and published product, and feel supported, promoted, nurtured and educated.
* Provide opportunities for original music and songs to be heard by industry representatives, including record and publishing companies, producers, music supervisors, other songwriters, other interested music personnel and the general public.
* Create a learning environment (education) for songwriters to develop their writing, encourage writing collaborations and create improvisation sessions.
* To be a ‘one stop song shop’ (central source)for music industry representatives to find a song or songwriter/artist.
* To foster interaction between songwriters and composers of different nations to collaborate an create opportunities. Through our program Songcollab, focused on songwriters and composers who tour overseas or wish to pursue their music careers abroad (we effectively become their “door stop to the world”), Songsalive! offers support, resources, contacts, music industry networking opportunities, performance and touring, co-writing, collaborations and learning workshops, as follows:
- To provide a network for songwriters and composers of difference nations, create a door stop for overseas writers in the United States, and encourage cross-collaboration. - Create space and opportunities for traveling songwriters and composers to write with writers of other nations.
- Provide a platform for songwriters and composers of different nations to perform abroad for music industry representatives and the public, in a supportive environment.
- Provide a global online presence for songwriters and composers of different nations through our website songsalive.org, whereby they can network and find collaborations with other songwriters and composers from other nations and with each other, in the International environment.
- Represent songwriters' and composers' songs from different nations to the broader International music industry and music conferences on their behalf where they would otherwise not have this opportunity in their own county.
- Help songwriters from different nations launch music albums and create Tours in foreign territories through special Songsalive! media promotions and individual assistance.
* To be an informational and educational source for songwriters to receive opportunities in the music and songwriting businesses, world market and community at large.
* To encourage the public and the music industry to support new and talented songwriter/artists and hence energize the songwriting business by supporting Songsalive! financially through membership & associate membership, patronage & sponsorship, and through working together as associates on events and other music projects.
* To educate and encourage venues to play and perform original music.
1. LIVE EVENTS - various activities and resources including songwriting workshops, live performance showcases, festivals and exhibitions, and networking events.
2. PROGRAMS - Showcases, Songcamps, Songwriting Workshops, Songstudio, Songcraft, CD Samplers, Song Critique, Songshop, Songcollab, and educational courses and events we offer our members for purpose of education, support and promotion
3. EDUCATION - through workshops, seminars, select Songsalive! programs, and inviting industry guests to speak; Backstage Portal for members to read articles and find educational resources and partners.
4. SUPPORT AND COMMUNITY - a central support office and satellite worldwide chapters for songwriters, the music industry and the public to receive support and information; The Connect Network: a member only area of forums, a member directory and resources for members to interact; social networks that provide online collaboration and discussion.
5. NEWS & RESOURCES - A Backstage Portal for members to find information, resources and learning as well as Discount Partners that offer resources, products and learning; Songnotes!, our magazine, our online blogs, and our social networks: all providing everything they need to know about what’s happening in the music industry for original music, and promotes their product and services.
4. Non-Profit Status
Songsalive! is non-profit in nature, whereby: the assets and income of the organization shall be applied exclusively to the promotion of its objectives and no portion shall be paid or distributed directly or indirectly to the members of the organization or the partners of the business except as bona fide remuneration for services rendered or expenses incurred on behalf of the organization.
USA - Incorporated as a non profit 501c)3) public benefit charity, with tax exemption in California and Federal (nationwide)
5. Dissolution/Winding Up
In the event of the organization being dissolved, the amount which remains after such dissolution and the satisfaction of all debts and liabilities shall be paid and applied by the organization in accordance with its powers to any organization which has similar objectives and which has rules prohibiting the distribution of its assets and income to its members.
6. Exempt Purpose
Songsalive! is a non profit 501c)3) public benefit charity, (USA) established for the encouragement, promotion, support and education of music, in particular original, new music as a non-profit organization of tax exempt purpose.
Membership is available to Songsalive! at rates outlined in our membership application form: members.songsalive.org. Membership is a term used for clients of Songsalive! who receive non-financial benefits for their fees such as free attendance to songwriting workshops, a regular newsletter, advise and consultancy and opportunities to promote their music. They are not party to decision making in Songsalive! and are given accurate note as to what they receive for their fees. Membership is renewed yearly, for a new fee and cannot be terminated nor refunded during year of membership.
8. The Team
The team is duly appointed by Gillian Aliotti and remain in their positions unless either they wish to remove them from their positions for a mutually agreed dissatisfaction of services rendered in their team position, or the team appointed wish to resign from their position. All team members provide their services voluntarily unless as bona fide remuneration for services rendered or expenses incurred on behalf of the organization for certain projects.
Gillian Aliotti (aka Gilli Moon)
Updated Date: June 2018
ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION
Songsalive, Inc is a non profit Public Benefit Corporation and is not organized for the benefit gain of any person. It is organized under the Non profit Public Benefit Corporation Law for public benefit purposes.
The specific purpose of this corporation is to provide songwriters with services and programs.
This corporation is organized and operated exclusively for public benefit purposes within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3), Internal Revenue Code.
Upon the dissolution and winding up of this corporation, after paying or adequately providing for the debts and obligations of the corporation, the remaining assets shall be distributed to a non profit fund, foundation or corporation organized and operated exclusively for the purposes specified in section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and which has established its tax-exempt status under that section.
September 20, 2002