The Songsalive! Community Manager is a part-time visible role with our Member Base (made up mostly of songwriters and composers) and the music industry at large, reporting to the President of Songsalive!, a non-profit 501c)3) charity organization (recognized by Federal and State). You will be responsible for community relations with our members and the community at large. It is a split volunteer, split part-time contractor (1099) position, with room to grow based on value input and commitment, including membership referral commission incentives. The ideal candidate relishes in building community, has a joy to give time nurturing the Arts, and has experience in community, social, membership and/or non-profit activities. You can live anywhere in the world, but if you are in Los Angeles, CA there are greater opportunities to expand your role.
- Ensure our “Songsalive! Backstage” members platform (our members only portal available via desktop and a mobile app) remains successful in engagement, that programs run well and members receive help and support as needed.
- Build awareness of and engagement for Songsalive! through our online social networks, thereby increasing our membership base.
- Ensure operations of our various interfaces (seen by our users, or unseen in the backend) are managed correctly.
Tasks include but not limited to:
- Regularly monitor “backstage” and moderate posts, interact with members, offer content and provide support.
- Post on backstage, our blog, social and through our mailing list specialized content from Songsalive!
- Keep Events calendar up to date
- Social media posting management
- Assist with membership and mailing list management.
- Manage customer support, responding to our members and inquiries.
- Keep our online systems up-to-date.
Desired skill set
- Great writer who can communicate effectively and is caring and empathetic.
- Excellent with online community technology skills - you know how to navigate and use your computer or mobile apps extremely well and have the latest operating systems and browsers; you have created an email list on some email list provider before, and you know how to post effectively on all social media networks. You have no trouble logging into either an online social community, or a membership portal and have done so in the past. Even better, you helped build or manage one in the past.
- Music industry or music community experience, or another online community relations management experience
- Someone who can take input/direction but is a self-starter and can manage own time effectively
- A combination of, or all of below is welcome:
- Non-profit, club or community group coordination experience
- Social media posting experience
- Membership management experience
- Mobile apps, online membership portals, or any interace where users log in.
- Customer support experience
- Mailing list management, including drip automation/auto responders.
You need to be able to offer minimum 1 hour a day, every day, to this job.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and if considered, we’ll set up a Skype video call to get to know you. Please be sure to have read About us at www.songsalive.org, including our Constitution, before applying.